Dana is a certified holistic health coach. She received herhealth coaching training from the Institute of Integrative Nutrition and received her board certification by the National Board of Health and Wellness Coaches. Through her education and years of research, she has found that we can heal ourselves from the inside out.
We sat down for an interview with Dana! We hope this post will help you get to know her and inspire you to seek out foods that will help you heal from within. Get ready for some #foodspiration!
What got you interested in nutrition?
In high school, I suffered from acne (who didn’t, amiright?) and my mom, who has always been a fan of Eastern / holistic medicine, suggested I take flax oil to treat my acne. Not only did it clear it up, but my hair grew thicker, my nails grew stronger….and it happened so quickly. I was amazed at how fast and efficiently food can impact our bodies. I was hooked!
What are some of your favorite go to meals?
• Breakfast: whatever fruit is in season + overnight oats. Babas on Cannon has THE very best overnight oats. I’m constantly trying to recreate it.
• Lunch: whatever local veggies that I received from Community Supported Grocery sautéed in garlic with a fried egg or two (Storey Farms are my favorite local eggs) + a drizzle of Red Clay Salsa Verde.
• Dinner: tacos are always a favorite – easy to make healthy with lots of veggies + a big spoonful of guac. My husband just started making his own tortillas and they’re so delicious. They’re only two ingredients (simply masa flour and water!), so easy to make and SO tasty.
Is breakfast really the most important meal of the day?
It actually depends on your body! Some bodies thrive eating first thing in the morning; other bodies thrive waiting a bit. However, ALL bodies thrive by drinking a big glass of room temperature water first thing in the morning.
What do you enjoy most about your work?
Nothing makes me happier than seeing the genuine shock and joy on my clients’ faces when they quickly see results after a few simple changes to their diet.
What are your favorite health and wellness tips?
• Eliminate processed foods.
• Move every day in whatever capacity feels right
• Prioritize sleep
• Switch to nontoxic skincare and household cleaners.
What are your hobbies?
I love practicing yoga, going for walks with friends in Hampton Park, beach walks with my family on Sunday mornings, baking refined sugar free sweets and reading biographies about musicians or VIPs of our time….usually a hand me down from my dad.
To schedule a nutrition consultation with DanaBufalino, please call (843) 937-6890, or email firstname.lastname@example.org!