With the holiday season ongoing and Covid cases on the rise, we wanted to share with you some of our best tips to give your immune system a much-needed boost.
First and foremost, do what you can to support your overall health. This includes getting lots of sleep, staying hydrated, and trying to fit in some exercise.
Eat real food! Nourish your body with cooked vegetables, soups, stews, and foods that are warming. This is not the season for salads. This is especially important if you feel a cold coming on. The winter months are hard enough on our bodies as it is.
Consider adding some immune strengthening supplements – Vitamin C, Vitamin D, and Elderberry are especially beneficial.
Schedule a Treatment – Acupuncture and herbal medicine can work to strengthen your immune system, boost energy, relieve stress, and resolve dampness and phlegm.
Some of our favorite products you can pick up today:
- Immune Tonic Tea (Yu Ping Feng San) – This preventative herbal formula strengthens your immune system, expels wind, and boosts lung qi.
- Cold and Chills Winter Blend (Gui Zhi Tang) – This healing herbal blend helps to treat the common cold, warms the heart, and balances yin and yang.
- Elderberry Elixir – Elderberries are rich in antioxidants and vitamins that your immune system loves. This syrup also contains chaga mushroom, raw honey, raw apple cider vinegar, and warming spices that encourage circulation. Elderberry Elixir decreases inflammation and strengthens your body’s detoxification abilities.
- Chinese Herbal Chicken Soup – One of our favorite ways to nourish the body with warm foods and extra hydration is to cook up some chicken or vegetable soup with this tonifying herbal blend. These herbs will enhance digestion, nourish your blood, and strengthen your immune system.
- Immune Essential Oil Spray – This spray includes eucalyptus, lavender, tea tree, and other oils with antiviral, antibacterial, and antifungal properties.
As with all medicine, everyone is different, so feel free to ask your acupuncturist to recommend some immunity boosting foods or products that will work best for your own specific needs.
Please call (843) 937-6890 if you would like to schedule an appointment.